[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs dialog

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sat Feb 5 15:53:03 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Philip Brown <phil at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> Well, we do know for a fact that some of our "customers" do care about
>> size of packages, and needless downloads.
>
> Can you give some examples of "customers" caring for that?

Customers have previously filed bug reports, and emailed complaints,
about certain packages having needless dependancies and thus forcing
download of more than they need/want.
Sorry I dont have a convenient reference for this.
You can also consider googling for comments about why some people
didnt like blastwave packaging. One of the complaints people blogged
about, was because it duplicated packages already present in solaris.
I dont think that attitude has suddenly changed either.