[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs dialog

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sat Feb 12 11:32:44 CET 2011

Philip Brown <phil at opencsw.org> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 12:21 AM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:
>>
>>> Three.  I've also tested a number of targets from a clean directory
>>> and I was always getting a correct package.
>>
>> Here we have 3 persons who spent their time to convince the release
>> manager to accept the reality of the recipe correctness. More than that
>> who tried to reason him. ....
>
> You seem to be maligning me once again, that I am not accepting
> reality or something.

What's wrong with svn update?

> It has now been firmly established that "in reality",  I properly
> reported what I was seeing.
> (and that there is a loophole or two in GAR that needs to be fixed.
> But that's a separate topic).

You have reported an issue which was due to a bad software engineering
practice: i.e. not updating the working copy of a repository.

> A multiple of people's opinions, or even their own experiences,
> whether 2,3, or 10 people, does not change the "reality" of another
> person's experience.

However, they have helped you to perceive the reality.

> Are you now going to offer me an apology for that, and stop maligning
> me, and generally being unreasonably hostile in the future?

What you perceive as hostility is that I don't agree with you. Not
agreeing with you is not hostility. It's the manifestation of a
different vision. A difference of vision on the particular issue of
release management and of community processes issue in general.
--
Peter