[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs gdb

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 24 10:49:57 CET 2011

Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:

> The rationale behind this is that not all people actually "enjoy"
> texinfo. The CAS has therefore been written to print a notice if
> texinfo is not installed at the moment and if it is later installed
> all pending .info-files will be reregistered. This is documented
> here:
>   http://wiki.opencsw.org/cswclassutils-package#toc23

1. I don't get this non dependency point. If texinfo is not installed,
   how can I access them easily, i.e., with an index and all? As an
   Emacs user I'm trifled by this...

2. declaring all the files having .info suffix as part of cswtexinfo
   class is a little bit coarse grained: e.g., gdb has 10 such
   components and they all declare the same INFO-DIR-ENTRY which rises a
   warning during the removal of the package for each such component,
   e.g.:

   install-info: warning: no entries found for
   `/opt/csw/share/info/gdbint.info-1'

   This is a minor issue but can be annoying.

--
Peter