[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs gdb

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Tue Jan 25 18:52:14 CET 2011

Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:

> On 1/25/11, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> If I didn't splitted is because the info files take less than 10% of the
>> package. Sure, now that there are 4 of them there is 4 instances in the
>> repository.
>>
>> In the hypothesis that the info files are splitted, is the info specific
>> package depending on texinfo or not?
>>

> If the info files are split into their own "doc" package, then they
> are no longer "optional". They are the primary reason for that
> particular package to exist. So in that case, it makes sense to
> directly depend on texinfo.

Alright. I'll try to do that in the next update cycle or, if lacking the
time, remove the dependency on texinfo.

Subsidiary question: if there is a -doc package for gdb should it
depend on gdb itself (the run-time)? Or we can consider that if somebody
installs this package is to read the doc and not necessarily to execute
gdb (which in my opinion is dumb but it's an use case to consider).
--
Peter