[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs lighttpd

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed May 4 20:10:09 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Geoff Davis <gadavis at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Here's a good reason why - binary API extensions. I have a third-party software package that is 64-bit only that need to link into various language bindings such as PHP - and these need to also hook into the web server.
>
> I don't know if we are building extensions for lighttpd or not, but this is definitely an issue for Apache.

Wow.. that's just... creepy :)

okay, that makes a case for "provide 64bit binaries, for strange odd
cases". but it does not justify "auto-choose the 64bit version via
isaexec".

and for larger packages like apache, it might raise the question of
whether the 64bit suite belongs in a secondary, auxiliary package,
rather than in the main one.

For lighttpd though, its small enough that I think its okay to provide
both in the main package.