[csw-users] Newbie question - Archive search

Ihsan Dogan ihsan at dogan.ch
Tue Apr 12 21:05:01 CEST 2005

Hello Bob,

On Tuesday, 12 Apr 2005 11:40 -0700, Bob Doolittle wrote:

> I don't see a way to search the archives, do I really
> have to browse all the months' threads to see if
> a topic was already discussed?

We don't have search engine for our lists, but you can use the
search engine at gmane [1].

> I'll cut to the chase - has "evince" been discussed
> as a potential project?  Sol x86 *desperately* needs
> a decent PDF viewer, since acroread is not available.

This is a general problem. A really good open source viewer
doesn't exist.

> I'm aware of xpdf, gpdf, pdflaunch, and ggv, but they're
> all missing functionality (e.g. text selection/copy, and
> only xpdf has a search function).

Kpdf provides that kind of functionality since 3.4, but it's not
in our repository yet.

[1] http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.os.solaris.blastwave.user

Ihsan

--