[csw-users] Evolution 2.2 on Solaris 10

Mats Larsson mats.larsson at ericsson.com
Wed Apr 13 12:33:58 CEST 2005

On 2005-04-13 12:15, Ian Baines wrote:

>>Mats Larsson wrote
>

> Thanks for your comments Mats.
>
> Are you running your version under Sun's Gnome or Blastwave's Gnome 2.8?

Sorry but I'm running Solaris 8 at the moment. Usuallay I'm running
Solaris 10 but some of the problems below doesn't depend on the OS
version. I'll get back when I've got S10 up and running on my machine again.

>>>es menu class init
>>
>>Before the "es menu class init" thing I get:
>>
>>(evolution:8278): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon
>>'stock_mail'.
>>The 'hicolor' theme
>>was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
>>You can get a copy from:
>>         http://freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme/releases
>>
>>I do have these installed:
>>
>>application CSWgnomeicontheme                gnome_icon_theme - GNOME
>>icon theme
>>application CSWhicoloricontheme              hicolor_icon_theme -
>>freedesktop.org base icon theme
>>
>>Anybody who knows hat's wrong?
>

> I have both these packages installed. They are after all dependencies on
> CSWevolution.
>
> I certainly don't get the Gtk warning about "stock_mail" though. I might try
> installing that this evening.

I believe the CSWhicoloricontheme is the 'hicolor' theme from
http://freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme/releases.

>>>/opt/csw/lib/evolution/2.2/plugins/org-gnome-save-calendar.eplug:18:
>>>parser error : Premature end of data in tag e-plugin-list line 2
>>>

>>/opt/csw/lib/evolution/2.2/plugins/org-gnome-select-one-source
>>.eplug:18:
>>
>>>parser error : Premature end of data in tag e-plugin-list line 2
>>>

>>/opt/csw/lib/evolution/2.2/plugins/org-gnome-subject-thread.eplug:14:
>>
>>>parser error : Premature end of data in tag e-plugin-list line 2
>>
>>Same for me. Should be reported as a bug I believe. But
>>easily fixed by adding this line at the end of each file:
>>
>></e-plugin-list>
>

> I have edited those but that makes no difference.
>
> One of us should file it as a bug!

Feel free to do it ;).

>>>evolution-shell-Message: Killing old version of
>>>evolution-data-server...
>>>
>>>(evolution:14143): e-error.c-WARNING **: No parent set, or default
>>>parent available for error dialog [ian at amazon ~]$
>>>
>>>I also get a pop up warning box saying the following:-
>>>
>>>Evolution can not start Your system configuration does not
>>
>>match your
>>
>>>evolution configuration. Click Help for details (With a
>>
>>Help and Quit
>>
>>>button.)
>>>
>>>(Clicking Help brings up Mozilla with a blank page at
>>>support.ximian.com. Quit does have the desired effect.)
>

> I believe herein lies the key. I wonder if Evo is finding the Sun 1.4.6
> dataserver and giving up. It shouldn't if it was compiled correctly but the
> "Killing old version of evolution-data-server..." maybe a clue.
>
> I have CSWevolution-ds installed (again a dependency of CSWevolution) in the
> correct location. I hope Evo starts the data server directly rather than
> searching on the path.

Check with ps(1) which one is running. To kill Evo completeley try
'--force-shutdown' switch.

/MOL