[csw-users] Evolution 2.2 on Solaris 10

Michael Gernoth michael at blastwave.org
Thu Apr 14 00:07:28 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 12:33:58PM +0200, Mats Larsson wrote:
> On 2005-04-13 12:15, Ian Baines wrote:
>
> > > (evolution:8278): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon
> > > 'stock_mail'.
> > > The 'hicolor' theme
> > > was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
> > > You can get a copy from:
> > >         http://freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme/releases

This is fixed in the new gtk2 and glib2-packages.

> > > /opt/csw/lib/evolution/2.2/plugins/org-gnome-subject-thread.eplug:14:
> > > parser error : Premature end of data in tag e-plugin-list line 2
> > >
> > > Same for me. Should be reported as a bug I believe. But
> > > easily fixed by adding this line at the end of each file:
> > >
> > > </e-plugin-list>

Should be fixed in the evolution 2.2.2 packages currently building.

> > I believe herein lies the key. I wonder if Evo is finding the Sun 1.4.6
> > dataserver and giving up. It shouldn't if it was compiled correctly but the
> > "Killing old version of evolution-data-server..." maybe a clue.
> > I have CSWevolution-ds installed (again a dependency of CSWevolution)
> > in the correct location. I hope Evo starts the data server directly
> > rather than searching on the path.

Evolution always starts the evolution-data-server with its full path,
as the binary is not normally in anybodys search-path:
/opt/csw/libexec/evolution-data-server-1.2

Probably gconf is playing bad games...

Regards,
  Michael