[csw-users] Problems: Firefox w/ Java and something too stoopid to display in the subject

Josh Kuperman josh.kuperman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 01:08:15 CEST 2005

On 7/21/05, Jeffery Small <jeff at cjsa.com> wrote:
> Josh Kuperman <josh.kuperman at gmail.com> writes:
> >[...]
> >Questions I need answered:
> >1. How to I figure out what apps are now missing libraries that
> >started with libj?

I don't know that the question as worded has an answer. However
whenever you start an app, and it stops dead because it's missing a
library, it tells you. Also, every app has its dependencies listed on
the blaswave.org web site. The major lib file lost was libjpeg;
libjepeg, which it only took me a day to trace down using the above
methods, is installed by the package jpeg.

> ??
>
> >3. Can I get the current Java installed and working with FireFox on
> >my SS10?
>
> First, see if you have java installed on your OS.  Typically the Sun java
> installs under /usr/j2se so see if you have:
>
>         /usr/j2se/jre/plugin/sparc/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so
>
> If not, install J2SE from the Sun site http://java.sun.com.  Then, make the
> following symbolic link:
>
>         cd /opt/csw/libexec/firefox/plugins
>         ln -s /usr/j2se/jre/plugin/sparc/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so
>
> Restart firefox and java should be working.

I still don't have java working. What I suspect is going on, is that
since I'm using Java on a Sparc 10 the Sun updates install the 32 bit
java. I believe that since I couldn't get any of this working until I
installed 64 bit compatibility I need to install the 64 bit java or
something that will bridge 64 bit and 32 bit Java. Oh well,

--
Josh Kuperman
josh.kuperman at gmail.com