[csw-users] KDE 3.4.1 on Solaris 9 Sparc 64bit not working

Peter Arnold arnoldpj at optusnet.com.au
Sat Aug 6 01:08:59 CEST 2005

Hi,
I'm interested to know if and how many other people are running KDE with
the same environment I have and have it working (I don't).

My environment is SunBlade1000 running Solaris 9, (latest patch cluster
installed a couple of days ago) in 64bit mode.

I've happily been running 3.3.1 for some time but after upgrading to
3.4.1 it's horribly broken. I've deleted all the relevant DCOP files in
/tmp and ~/ directories, and even tried with a clean user account. On
login I get a heap of "The application kded crashed and caused signal
11" and lots of spawned processes for kded, drkonqi, kdeinit and friends
(174 encounting within 3 minutes of login attempt)

Truss -f on kdeinit shows it looking for (among other things)
"/opt/cw/gcc3/lib/*. I've linked /opt/cw to /opt/csw to fix this but
still no workie. I have no LD_LIBRARY_PATH set as per recomendations.

The only relevant thing I can see in the truss file is
ERROR: Couldn't attach to DCOP server!2336.

Any help, pointers, experience or just a word to say it *does* work in
my environment would prove helpful.

Cheers
Peter Arnold