[csw-users] Why does apache require the openldap server?

Robert Stampfli rob at colnet.cmhnet.org
Thu Dec 8 20:49:23 CET 2005

This dependency thing is getting murkier and murkier.  I just
tried upgrading to the most recent openldap.  I think I need
it because apache must have some links into it, but lo-and-
behold it starts pulling down perl.  Now I'm guessing this is
because the ldap server uses perl (surely the client interface
wouldn't need it, would it?), but I don't use ldap or perl on
this machine.  Shouldn't apache only have a dependency for the
ldap client software, or am I missing something?

(Well, now that it's here, maybe I better figure out how to
use ldap.  I hear it can be quite useful!)

Rob