[csw-users] Why does apache require the openldap server?

Alex Moore asmoore at blastwave.org
Thu Dec 8 22:09:35 CET 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 14:49:23 -0500
Robert Stampfli <rob at colnet.cmhnet.org> wrote:

> This dependency thing is getting murkier and murkier.  I just
> tried upgrading to the most recent openldap.  I think I need
> it because apache must have some links into it...

Yes Robert.  The openldap package uses perl.  Apache should be rebuilt
based on the openldap package split a few weeks ago.  The dependency at
a minimum should be openldap_client, which also needs openldap_rt.
Neither openldap_client or openldap_rt would have loaded perl.

OpenLDAP can do useful things.  If you do not want to mess with it, do
not create /opt/csw/etc/openldap/slapd.conf and the server portion
should not start a slapd process from the openldap init.d script.

Alex