[csw-users] DVD help pt2

Jake Goerzen jgoerzen at goldenfarms.com
Mon Feb 7 19:52:52 CET 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Joe Reid wrote:

> > Hi Joe,  Have you tried using ogle?  Try using ogle with:
> > ogle /cdrom/cdrom1
>
> Fabulous!!!

Be sure to try the goggles graphical frontend to ogle too :-)

> Part 2 of my question is this:  I'm looking for a suggestion for a PCI
> video card to do dvd playback that has support for Sun's X server?  Any
> suggestions out there?

I'm guessing you are talking about x86 architecture.  In my option I would
look at an ATI Radeon because Solaris 10 x86 supports the Xvideo extention
on Radeon.  There are probibly other cards that support Xvideo too but
I've only tested radeon.

Jake