[csw-users] PHP - Solaris LDAP libraries vs. OpenLDAP libraries

Sir Clark Frazier Hale I xlark at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Feb 17 04:23:46 CET 2005

Luke Youngblood wrote:
> 1.  I can compile PHP on my own, linking against the Sun LDAP libraries,
> and not use CSWmod_php.  This works fine.
>
> 2.  I can humbly request that the package maintainer link against the
> Sun LDAP libraries instead of OpenLDAP.
>

> I’d like to make that humble request.  OpenLDAP used to be the only
> source of decent LDAP libraries on Solaris, but now that Sun has gotten
> their act together with Solaris 9 and the secure native LDAP client
> (which is also backported to Solaris 8 in patch 108993), why don’t we
> link against their libraries?

Hello,

You should really contact the maintainer of php and mod_php directly.
This is Philip Brown, http://www.blastwave.org/maintainers/phil, currently.

Your best bet may be to take over the maintainership of PHP & mod_php,
or maybe create separate instances of them.

HTH,

clark

--
Sir Clark Frazier Hale I