[csw-users] PATH; Xfce

Thom Holwerda slakje at quicknet.nl
Sat Jan 29 21:42:00 CET 2005

Hi,

Well, I added the command to my /etc/profile, but it doesn't seem to
work. Take a look at my file:

Begin profile:
--------
#ident	"@(#)profile	1.19	01/03/13 SMI"	/* SVr4.0 1.3	*/

# The profile that all logins get before using their own .profile.

trap ""  2 3

export
PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/bin:/usr/ucb:/
opt/cws/bin:

export LOGNAME PATH

if [ "$TERM" = "" ]
then
	if /bin/i386
	then
		TERM=sun-color
	else
		TERM=sun
	fi
	export TERM
fi

#	Login and -su shells get /etc/profile services.
#	-rsh is given its environment in its .profile.

case "$0" in
-sh | -ksh | -jsh | -bash)

	if [ ! -f .hushlogin ]
	then
		/usr/sbin/quota
		#	Allow the user to break the Message-Of-The-Day only.
		trap "trap '' 2"  2
		/bin/cat -s /etc/motd
		trap "" 2

		/bin/mail -E
		case $? in
		0)
			echo "You have new mail."
		  	;;
		2)
			echo "You have mail."
		   	;;
		esac
	fi
esac

umask 022
trap  2 3
-----------
End profile.

Well, it gives me the following error when i open a console:

"-sh:
PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/bin:/usr/ucb:/
opt/cws/bin:: is not an identifier"

Something tells me I'm doing something really ignorant, though. Be nice
;).

Anyway, this is probably also why Xfce won't load; without setting the
/opt/cws/bin it can't find the Xfce binaries!

Thanks in advance, yet again,

Thom Holwerda