[csw-users] Can't update any package

Daniel Seichter (Webmail) daniel at dseichter.de
Fri Jul 15 07:44:45 CEST 2005

Hello,
> One document that I saw should be public access and it stated a similar
> problem to yours.  The answer was to restore the corrupted file
> /var/sadm/install/contents from a known good backup or reinstall.  Not
> really a good answer, but if you have a backup, I would try that first.
>   In that document, the cause of the corrupted file was unknown.  There
> may be more information available, so hopefully some one else will reply.
Now I know what the problem caused:
I tried to use the 30-day-test-plan (with key "up-promo", seeing on the
website from sun) and after that I installed all patches it hungs on the
last patch and I had to kill the session. And I think this was the last
action I did before the error in csw happened.
Now I can also answer my own question, why the update manager is not
working...

Daniel