[csw-users] Newbie with SS10/Sol9 having problems.

Carson Little carson at ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 2 03:39:00 CEST 2005

Josh Kuperman wrote:
> Please excuse the top posting. I am trying to figure out if my
> problem is that I can't compile stuff because it is an SS10, if I
> screwed up and left out some important package on the initial
> install, or if I simply misconfigured something when I set up pkg-
> get. All the instructions on the how-to page worked - I just have
> trouble installing the big packages. (Perhaps I need to add something
> to make my SS10 aware of 64 bit code so that it doesn't use it or
> something???)

The firefox package has a shared lib that requires at least a UltraSPARC
to run:

# pwd
/opt/csw/libexec/firefox
# file libfreebl_hybrid_3.so
libfreebl_hybrid_3.so:  ELF 32-bit MSB dynamic lib SPARC32PLUS Version
1, V8+ Required, UltraSPARC1 Extensions Required, dynamically linked,
stripped

> Good now I remember I get message saying patch 111712 64 Bit Share
> library Patch for C++ not installed and some other patches i.e.
> 111712, 111722, 113902, 114641. But all the patches that I can
> install were installed, so I've no idea what's going on.

Its been a while since I have done a install on a sun4m, but I think the
installer skips asking to install 64bit packages. They would only be
useful on a sun4u anyway.