[csw-users] New sasl breaks saslpasswd2?

Alex S Moore asmoore at blastwave.org
Wed Jun 29 04:49:33 CEST 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:34:34 -0400 (EDT)
Robert Stampfli <rob at cboh.org> wrote:

> Admittedly, I'm no SASL expert, but I have been unable to
> get saslpasswd2 to work with the latest SASL package.  Before
> updating it, I could "/opt/csw/sbin/saslpasswd2 -c user"
> to create a password for "user" in the file /opt/csw/etc/sasldb2.

Hi, Robert

Did you have a sasldb2 database before the last update to CSWsasl?  If
so, do you have a backup copy?  I have to leave, so we can get into
this more tomorrow, but I remember Damjan saying something about a
directory that has to have a group of sasl. Not sure about the file,
but it may also need to have group sasl assigned.

Use either your backup copy or create a new sasldb2 database with
`/opt/csw/sbin/saslpasswd2 -f /opt/csw/etc/sasldb2/sasldb2 -c user`

Does this work for you?  I think you said that you were wanting sasl2
with sendmail.  If true, a sendmail .mc file may need to be changed to
point to the new sasldb2 location.  Also, do you have a file
named /opt/csw/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf?  If true, post a cat of the
file.

I can look into this more tomorrow.

Alex