[csw-users] bacula packages for testing

Luke Youngblood lyoungblood at phonechargeinc.com
Mon Mar 14 14:10:11 CET 2005

I hadn't heard of this package before, but a quick googling turned up some
interesting info.  Alex, I'm just curious, do you find this to be a good
solution for network backup?  How does it compare to a Veritas Netbackup or
Legato Networker solution?  Does it support SCSI jukeboxes?  Thanks for the
info and for interesting me in this package:

"Bacula is a set of computer programs that permit you (or the system
administrator) to manage backup, recovery, and verification of computer data
across a network of computers of different kinds. In technical terms, it is
a network Client/Server based backup program. Bacula is relatively easy to
use and efficient, while offering many advanced storage management features
that make it easy to find and recover lost or damaged files. Due to its
modular design, Bacula is scalable from small single computer systems to
systems consisting of hundreds of computers located over a large network."