[csw-users] Fwd: Maintainer Verification

Thomas F. Schiller TFSchiller at gmx.de
Mon Apr 17 15:04:09 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am not very happy about what you wrote:-(

Well, I can understand that blastwave wants to know the maintainer on the other hand there are already a lot of packages old.
Python for example and I got already software not running on the old blastwave version.
I am using sylpheed-claws 2.1.0 RC2, there is already 2.1.1. I am not blaming Alex because he is maintaining a lot of packages and imho Sylpheed-claws (including the dependencies)  is already enough work for one freelancer who is not paid for the work.
I am really impressed what big amount of work Alex is doing and because of this I installed sun studio to build packages of my own.
BUT I read this I don't have the hope that I may do it for blastwave in the near future.
So I will sit down and wait that less and less people are doing more and more work.

I am becoming angry when I am reading sentences like this:
"But some measures, as I am sure you will agree, need to be enforced to ensure safety and quality.

Quality means (well at least in my company here in Germany) also that emails are answered and the fulfillment of commitments.
To make it clear: I ordered a DVD last October, I started a research at Germans customs in February, they never received a DVD with my name on it.
One email was answered after I complained about it. The email with the results of the German customs is still unanswered.