[csw-users] Problems with new Gnome on Solaris9/Sparc

Meik Hellmund Meik.Hellmund at math.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Aug 24 16:19:35 CEST 2006

Alessio Cervellin <a.cervellin at virgilio.it> writes:
> nope, they are mostly known
> issues.

I see. My thanks to you and Ken for the fast response and the
clarification of the status of gnome. It helped to make a decision.
I got back to the stable blastwave versions.
(Btw, I was halfway through manually deleting and re-adding packages
when I discovered the "-S" option of pkg-get.)

But now I have a new problem I have never seen before:
Different gnome programs (gnome-terminal, gedit,...)
crash with:

  The program 'gedit' received an X Window System error.
  The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 710 error_code 2 request_code 131 minor_code 3)

Has anyone an idea about this?

> no, packages are usually tested on a wide
> range of systems (sol 8, 9, 10, 11 x86 & sparc)
Good to know! And many thanks to all the blastwave developers!

Meik

--
Meik Hellmund
Institut fuer Mathematik, Uni Leipzig