[csw-users] [csw-newpkgs] weekly package summary: PLEASE INCLUDE THE ACTUAL LIST AGAIN!

Alex Moore asmoore at blastwave.org
Tue Jan 3 23:28:39 CET 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 17:00:12 -0500
David Combs <dkcombs at panix.com> wrote:

> Maybe it makes no difference, whether you include the actual
> new-updates list vs a mere addr of a web-page that shows it,
> to those who use M$'s IE, because IE makes it all transparent.
>
> However, for those of us who use eg LYNX, going to a
> web page, FROM an email, requires SEVERAL extra steps.

I may be speaking out of turn, but I do not follow this at all.

If you are talking about the weekly email that lists package updates
for the past week, I always look at the text/plain part.  It is text
and I do not think that I have even noticed a 'mere addr of a
web-page' in the email.  I just display the part that has a name
like ann_nnnnn.txt, with 'nnnnn' being some number.

Maybe we are talking about two different things.  The one that I am
referring to is from newpkgs at lists.blastwave.org and always has a
subject containing 'weekly package summary' and a text/plain part that
I review.

Alex