[csw-users] Problem with PKGADDFLAGS in pkg-get.conf

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Sat Jan 28 14:47:19 CET 2006

On 27/01/06, 23:56:49, Arieh Markel <Arieh.Markel at Sun.COM> wrote regarding
[csw-users] Problem with PKGADDFLAGS in pkg-get.conf:

> I am trying to use pkg-get to populate a repository inside of an
> nfs-server.

> I am therefore trying to find a solution to pass "-R <reloc-dir>" via
> pkg-get
> to the pkg* utilities.

> 1. RFE: it would be nice to allow 'pass-thru' switches that are passed
> to the
>         pkg* utilities.

> 2. I tried to include the '-R <reloc-dir>' inside the PKGADDFLAGS
> variable
>    in the config file.

>   # Solaris 10: If you wish to limit pkg-get to installing packages
>   # ONLY to the global zone, then uncomment this line
>   #PKGADDFLAGS=-G
>   PKGADDFLAGS=-R /export/sparc

>    The -R appears to have been consumed. The <reloc-dir> was tried to be
>    invoked. (I also tried to enclose the flags in quotes).

pkg-get doesn't use -R flag itself, look at CHEATDIR for example, but
be warned that CSW packages might not install relocated anyway.  So far
I've only found a minor example of a problem but install to relocated
directories is not supported or tested.  Clearly it would be better if
this did work and I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has used
the entire package set this way.

James.