[csw-users] xfig honouring command line options?

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Sun May 21 12:53:17 CEST 2006

On 18/05/06, 17:39:26, Mike Patterson <mpatters at cs.uwaterloo.ca> wrote
regarding [csw-users] xfig honouring command line options?:

> First time poster, first time user.  Quick summary: I have xfig
> installed on a Solaris 8 machine here, and it doesn't seem to honour any
> command line options passed to it (through the xfig script) or most (if
> calling xfigbin directly).  Caveat: I'm not a regular xfig user, I'm
> trying to sort this issue out for a couple of researchers here.

<snip>

Sorry I'm not an xfig user user either.  Andreas?

> We're using the unstable distribution, so it's xfig 3.2.4.  One
> potential problem is /opt/csw is exported via NFS to the host on which
> we'd like to be running xfig - no idea if this is recommended or not, so
> please correct me if so.

This should work.  Packages should work with /opt/csw read only and be
able to use /etc/opt/csw instead of /opt/csw/etc and /var/opt/csw instead
of /opt/csw/var/.  If you have problems relating to sharing /opt/csw
please create a bug report.

James.