[csw-users] netsnmp install issues

Amit amit.uttam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 04:44:07 CET 2006

Hey guys,

First of all thanks for the all the work put in to blastwave! As a
first time user of Solaris, blastwave has been a wonderful tool to
work with.

So far not too many issues where I haven't figured out by searching
the mailing lists or Google. This one has got me tied in a knot.

I did the following:

1) pkg-get -i netsnmp

2) I get the following error:

bash-3.1$ sudo pkg-get -i netsnmp
Password:
No existing install of CSWnetsnmp found. Installing...
Pre-existing local file
netsnmp-5.3.0.1,REV=2006.04.08-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz matches
checksum
Keeping existing file
Analysing special files...
ERROR: no info for SUNWpiclu. Cannot install dependancy.
ERROR: could not install required dependancies for CSWnetsnmp
bash-3.1$

3) Now, I go ahead and search for the package SUNWpiclu in my 'Solaris
8 06/00' software CDs but could not find the package in any of the
directories. (By the way I also tried the pkgadd -d /cdrom/.../Product
method but could find the listing).

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amit