[csw-users] Gaim audio problems

Torrey McMahon tmcmahon2 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 21:51:16 CET 2006

For those still seeing gaim audio problems if you could try the
following I'd appreciate it.

    * Bring up /usr/dt/bin/sdtaudio and play
      /opt/csw/share/sounds/gaim/logout.wav
    * If that works try  " /opt/csw/bin/gst-launch playbin
      uri=file:///usr/share/sounds/gaim/logout.wav  "
    * Then open /opt/csw/bin/gstreamer-properties and tell me what's in
      the "Default Output Plugin" fields. Hit the test button and see if
      you get anything.

On my Solaris 11 laptop with the latest gstreamer bits I can get
sdtaudio to play sounds but gst-launch just runs and runs and runs with
no audio ever coming. When I run the gstreamer-properties program with
"Custom" and "sunaudiosink" as the Pipeline I get an error pop-up that
says ' Custom: no element "sunaudiosink" '