[csw-users] CUPS 1.2.3 problems

Markus Mayer mmayer at blastwave.org
Mon Oct 9 04:15:47 CEST 2006

Hi Peter,

> Certainly the symptoms are the same and you are right, the
> pstoraster.convs file is missing. This file WAS there earlier....
> hmmm...thinking...
>
> In my desperation on trying to get this going I removed all printing
> packages and did a pkg-get -i cups.

> I think I deleted espgs but it's not a dependency of cups so wasn't
> re-installed. The file pstoraster.convs is part of espgs.
>
> ATM I've reverted to 1.1.23 just to keep the users happy.

If you get a chance, could you give CUPS 1.2.3 another try and install
ESPGS as well?

I might change CUPS and make ESPGS a dependency. The reason I didn't do
it so far is because ESPGS is not required in all cases and I didn't
want to force users to have to install it.

Under Debian, ESPGS is a recommendation, not a dependency. The best way
to do that with the System V packaging system is to have a postinstall
script check for the presence of ESPGS and print out a warning. That
might be another option.

Regards,
-Markus