[csw-users] subversion client package

Mark McCoy realmcking at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:57:49 CEST 2007

Hey all, does anyone else see the need for a statically compiled client-only
package of subversion that depends only on the necessary bits to enable
client functionality?

We are thinking about subversion as both a source code as well as a system
configuration change management tool, but I will have a tough time getting
our management to install blastwave + tons of
apache/openldap/kerberos/whatever libs and binaries on all of our servers.
Heck, getting blastwave on all of the servers would be a big hurdle to
overcome!

We are also thinking about mercurial as an alternative.  python + hg is a
much smaller footprint, and unfortunately we can use SMC packages to achieve
that and stay within our current SOP's :(

--
Mark McCoy -- Professional Unix geek

Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists
and rebels - men and women who dared to dissent from accepted doctrine. As
their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower