[csw-users] Submitting an ncmpc package

Trygve Laugstøl trygvis at inamo.no
Wed Aug 8 08:44:48 CEST 2007

Dennis Clarke wrote:
>> Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I've packaged ncmpc[1] and I'd like to submit it to Blastwave. I tried
>>> to sign up as a maintainer but was rejected but I still hope that some
>>> existing maintainer would like to commit it on my behalf. I will try to
>>> maintain it in the future by sending in patches.
>>>
>>> I doubt the package is in perfect shape for blastwave so any comments on
>>> the details on how to package stuff would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> [1]: http://hem.bredband.net/kaw/ncmpc/
>> No takers? No feed back or comments? I've packaged mpd [1] and mailman
>> [2] as well, but I guess they're as interesting as ncmpc...
>>
>> Is blastwave a regular open source project or just some people
>> pretending to be open?
>
> hey . .slow down there ... we are working like mad here.

Ok, sorry. I was (or am) a bit annoyed that I didn't get a single
response, even if it was to say that "we're busy".

> you didn't get a response right away possibly foir many reasons
>
> not the least of which is that its summer and I am up to my ears in many
> things as are other people ...
>
> and
>
> people may not have even looked there yet !

How long should I expect to wait? Honestly, I know it is summer and all
but you can't expect me to stay around for ever either.

The most important thing to me is that I have somewhere to put my
packages so I know that my work won't be lost. I wouldn't mind it if
someone would commit my packages for me, I'm not demanding to become a
maintainer straight away.

--
Trygve