[csw-users] Blastwave and SFE

Alessio a.cervellin at acm.org
Sun Aug 12 15:14:36 CEST 2007

Pete Ehlke wrote:
> It's unclear to me just now- after a couple of years using csw- whether
> it's more hassle maintaining a package server and order files, or
> dealing with the lack of coherent csw releases. Few things are more
> annoying than pkg-get wanting to upgrade the world because someone made
> a pm_* package depend on a specific rev of CSWcommon.

you have not to upgrade the world, usually you have only to upgrade the
CSWcommon package... which contains nothing but the creation of a few
empty folders, so the upgrade process is not bandwidth or time consuming.

also, as far as i know, it's not true that a package can depend on a
*specific* revision of another one.