[csw-users] Solaris 10+blastwave as desktop

Moritz Rebbert ztiromoritz at yahoo.de
Thu Dec 13 16:41:48 CET 2007

Hi!
first of all, thanks for the quick replies!
That was most helpfull to me.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 10:52:00PM +0100, William Bonnet wrote:
> Hi
[...]
> If there exist anything you need which is not available. Just ask for it
> :)  We are real "user's feedbacks" lovers. Please tell us what is wrong
> or missing in the packages we provide, or what has to be updated.

Our main problem is: when we login using the predefined Xsession from
the xfce_dtlogin package, the xfce4-panel process is started but the
panel is not visible.If we kill the process an start it from a terminal,
it is not visible either. After sending ^C twice to that process, it
becomes visible for an instance before the process terminates.

On the other hand when we use a custom xsession[1] the xfce4-panel is visible.

We are using the xfce packages from stable but have been expiriencing
the same problems in unstable.

[0] Our configuration:
Solaris 10 x86
Sunray Client
srss_4.0_solaris

xfce 4.2.3.2,REV=2007.01.17
xfce_dtlogin 4.2.1.1,REV=2005.05.18
xfce_panel 4.2.3,REV=2006.05.07

[1] /etc/dt/config/Xsession.Custom:

#!/bin/ksh
HOME_XSESSION="$HOME/.xsession"
/bin/bash $HOME_XSESSION

~/.xsession:

#!/bin/bash
logger -pinfo -tdtlogin ".xsession reached"
source ~/.bashrc
xmodmap /home/rebbert/.xmodmap-sun
#exec /opt/csw/bin/startxfce4
exec /opt/csw/bin/xfce4-session