[csw-users] Update: About the current GTK2 in unstable

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 02:01:01 CET 2007

In order to regain consistent stability, I'll make the
needed request to Dennis or Phil:

1. Remove GTK2 2.12.3 from unstable. This is actually
the Sun patched version (used in vermillion) but
causes issues in this older GNOME environment.

2. Copy GTK2 2.10.11 from stable to unstable.

This will return GNOME desktop users back to the
original production state for now.

I won't update Blastwave's core GNOME unless we move
to GNOME 2.20.2+, it seems very stable otherwise.

I've added GIMP 2.4.3 to /testing for users. I'll use
it to fix any current GIMP 2.4.2 issues reported.

Thanks for reporting the issues and Happy New Year
everyone!! I hope to get this issue fixed as soon as
possible.

~K

------------
> Hello,
>
> Please use the latest GTK+ 2.12.3, REV 2007.12.17 in
> http://www.blastwave.org/testing.
>
> These GTK+ packages submitted to unstable to fix
> pkgconfig compile issues with GTK+.

After about 2 hours .. something goes wrong and the
session freezes.
 Without
fail I seem to be able to trigger this by simply
trying to close a
 window
via the little X in the upper right hand corner.

Its driving me nuts too.

I have to ssh in from another machine to kill off all
the pids :