[csw-users] WxWidgets

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Sun Jan 7 13:53:52 CET 2007

On 07/01/07, 12:28:44, James Lee <james at blastwave.org> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-users] WxWidgets:

> > gcc: /opt/csw/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.7.a: No such file or directory
> > gcc: /opt/csw/lib/libwxpng-2.7.a: No such file or directory
> > gcc: /opt/csw/lib/libwxjpeg-2.7.a: No such file or directory
> > gcc: /opt/csw/lib/libwxzlib-2.7.a: No such file or directory

> I didn't need the static libs you can't find.

I'll expand that some more...

The makefile has:

ifdef KICAD_STATIC_LINK

It's not the default, don't select and you don't need static
libs.  As Eric rightly mentions dynamic libs are the preferred
method.  We don't need static libs.

Read the makefile further and the static build expects libGLU.a.
I'm not as kind as Alessio and if you ask for it will just tell
you to dynamically link.  There is actually a good reason for
using the dynamic mesa GL.  /opt/csw/lib/libGL.so has the
auxiliary flag set so hardware GL can be used when available.

$ dump -Lv /opt/csw/lib/libGL.so | grep AUX
[17]	AUXILIARY       /usr/lib/libGL.so

James.