[csw-users] Old versions of packages available on CD/DVD?

Christopher Tidy cdt22 at cantabgold.net
Fri Jan 19 21:14:29 CET 2007

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Can anyone tell me if it's possible to purchase old versions of the
>> Blastwave packages on CD/DVD? I'm looking for some which date back to
>> early 2004: Gimp 1.2 and Mozilla 1.5. I want them because my Solaris 9
>> system, which has worked very nicely for a long time, has got screwed up
>> and needs a re-install. Or perhaps I should take the opportunity to
>> upgrade to Solaris 10?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>
> Well yes, I have them here somewhere.  I'll need to dig them up for you
> okay?

Thanks for the quick response. Before you dig them up, do you think it's a
sensible thing to do? Or would I be better taking the opportunity to
upgrade to Solaris 10? I've got an Ultra 2 with dual 400 MHz processors
and 1280 MB RAM. My most used applications are Mozilla 1.5, Gimp 1.2 and
Apache. I'm just trying to assess whether I'll see a big slow down if I
upgrade.

Best wishes,

Chris