[csw-users] Mysql 64bit

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Wed Jan 31 10:41:41 CET 2007

On 31/01/07, 05:38:03, Louwtjie Burger <zabermeister at gmail.com> wrote
regarding Re: [csw-users] Mysql 64bit:

> The link you supplied points to the "unstable version"...

In fact the link points to the unstable *Sparc* version.  Both
unstable and stable Sparc packages have 64bit support.

> Here is my install (pkg-get -i mysql5) from the "stable" tree.

> [burgerw at pc:~]find /opt/csw/|grep mysqld
> find: cannot read dir /opt/csw/etc/sasldb2: Permission denied
> /opt/csw/mysql5/bin/mysqldump
> /opt/csw/mysql5/bin/mysqld_multi
> /opt/csw/mysql5/bin/mysqld_safe
> /opt/csw/mysql5/bin/mysqldumpslow
> /opt/csw/mysql5/man/man1/mysqldump.1
> /opt/csw/mysql5/man/man1/mysqld.1
> /opt/csw/mysql5/man/man1/mysqld_multi.1
> /opt/csw/mysql5/man/man1/mysqld_safe.1
> /opt/csw/mysql5/libexec/i386/mysqld
> /opt/csw/mysql5/libexec/pentium/mysqld
> /opt/csw/mysql5/libexec/mysqld
> find: cannot read dir /opt/csw/mysql5/var: Permission denied
> [burgerw at pc:~]file /opt/csw/mysql5/libexec/i386/mysqld
> /opt/csw/mysql5/libexec/i386/mysqld:    ELF 32-bit LSB executable
> 80386 Version 1, dynamically linked, stripped
> [burgerw at pc:~]

There, we can see you are using the Intel version.

AMD64 support from Blastwave is coming but we need supporting libraries
built before the larger projects like mysql can be built for AMD64.
Mysql uses openssl and we are waiting for that to be updated.

James.