[csw-users] Installation of ncurses partially failed

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Tue Jul 3 10:35:40 CEST 2007

On 03/07/07, 04:58:10, "Gérard Henry" <ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr> wrote
regarding Re: [csw-users] Installation of ncurses partially failed:

> >> ERROR: /opt/csw/lib/terminfo
> >> file type expected actual
> >> /opt/csw/lib/terminfo
> >

> > Indeed CSWncurses expects it to be a symbolic link as it says. What
> > is is on your machine?
> >
> > $ ls -ld /opt/csw/lib/terminfo
> > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root other 17 Aug 9 2006 /opt/csw/lib/terminfo
> -> ../share/terminfo
> > What else might have cause this to be a directory?
> >

> > $ pkgchk -l -p /opt/csw/lib/terminfo
> > Pathname: /opt/csw/lib/terminfo
> > Type: symbolic link
> > Source of link: ../share/terminfo
> > Referenced by the following packages:
> >     CSWncurses
> > Current status: installed
> >

> > I suspect CSWmlterm.
> >

> no, i don't have mlterm installed in this machine.
> after replacing directory by the correct link, i de-install the package,
> and reinstall it, and it works now!? i don't understand what happened...

Package install doesn't do this as none has /opt/csw/lib/terminfo as a
directory.  It could be the legacy of an now updated package.  It could
be a package without the link in its package file list wrote data to
/opt/csw/lib/terminfo and created the dir - you won't see this again as
the link is now created so maybe we won't know why.

James.