[csw-users] Bulk removal of CSW packages

Manish Agrawal magrawal at coba.usf.edu
Mon Jun 4 22:48:08 CEST 2007

Thanks very much, at least I know what to do in future, but is there nothing I can do to terminate these processes, I really would like to reclaim the memory

It would have been great if that page showed up before that blog entry from the sun.com domain.

Thanks
Manish

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 06:01:35 -0400, James Lee <james at blastwave.org> wrote:

>     **** How to bulk remove CSW packages ****
>

> This is a bad idea, do NOT use:
> # yes | pkgrm `pkginfo | grep CSW | awk '{print $2}'`
>

> Use this script:
>     http://www.blastwave.org/~james/pkgrmAll
>

> CSW packages must be removed in an order constrained by their
> dependencies.  This is because preremove scripts may fail if
> a prerequisite package has been removed.  This script loops
> through the packages and skips until the target package is no
> longer needed by another.
>

> This script use an auto admin file to answer the questions.
> It either uses the file used by pkg-get or one set in the env as
> ADMINFILE.
>
> Usage with pkg-get's default /var/pkg-get/admin:
> # ./pkgrmAll
>
> Usage with a different admin file:
> # ADMINFILE=auto.admin ./pkgrmAll
>

> Edit the pattern match to change what is removed.  Instead of
> "nawk '/CSW/{print $2}'" use eg "nawk '/CSW[^ ]*xfce/{print $2}'"
> (Nothing against xfce but I've been rolling it on and off for
> testing recently.)  See the commented lines to add exclusions.
>

> James.

Manish Agrawal
Asstt. Prof., Dept. of ISDS, Univ. of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Ave., CIS 1040, Tampa, Fl 33620 - 7800, U.S.A.
(813)-974-6716 (W) 974-6749 (FAX) magrawal at coba.usf.edu
http://coba.usf.edu/departments/isds/faculty/agrawal/index.html