[csw-users] How can I get blastwave's package sources?

Trygve Laugstøl trygvis at inamo.no
Thu May 17 16:31:33 CEST 2007

Dennis Clarke wrote:
>> Cory Omand wrote:
>>> Did you fetch the svn tree to build these packages?  If so, the source
>>> archive is fetched and compared to a "known good" md5sum.  If you just
>>> want to make sure your tarball is the same as the one we're using, you
>>> can have a look in the 'checksums' file in svn for the package in
>>> question.
>> Sure, but the problem is that the sources might be unavailable for many
>> reasons like a new release was made and the old release was
>> removed/moved or server is offline or even gone. I would like to have an
>> assurance of that when I build a package I build from the *exact* same
>> sources as the one in the archive was built. I bet that today it is
>> practically impossible to rebuild any Blastwave release older than a
>> year or even a half year.
>
> Is the sort og thing that you would want ?

I didn't quite grok this.

> If YES is the answer then when would you like to proceed on this project ?

I would like to contribute yes.

> If you can not dedicate resources and time to that project then please
> submit your requirements to me for review and I will put it on the todo
> list.

Realistically I will not have a lot of time for this until late fall as
I'm currently in the process of starting a new company. I can gather
some requirements and make a solution outline, but will not have the
hardware or time to contribute *now*. I would also like to know that
there is some support within the Blastwave community to support this, I
would hate to use a lot of time on something that the community doesn't
want to support.

--
Trygve