[csw-users] how to depend on libsunmath?

Klaus Heinz khfp.blastwave0704 at gmx.de
Tue Oct 9 16:00:10 CEST 2007

Ben Taylor wrote:

> However, it is probably advised to create a blastwave package with the
> shared library
> version of libsunmath in the /opt/csw/lib tree, so the above settings do
> not expect a
> user to have the Studio compilers installed.

My question probably was rather unclear. There _is_ already a package
CSWsunmath which puts libsunmath into /opt/csw/lib/.

I am trying to build a package for the Perl Data Library (PDL)
starting with the one already checked in at svn.blastwave.org.
I will keep it very simple, with all the fancy capabilities and
required packages disabled for now, because we do not need them.

Unfortunately, I cannot use
  DEPENDS+= lib/libsunmath
in the GNU Makefile because lib/libsunmath does not exist in the
subversion repository. Why does CSWsunmath exist but no corresponding
subversion directory?

It looks like the DEPENDS/LIBDEPS lines in the Makefile and the content
of files/CSWpmpdl.depend are independent of each other, so I _suppose_
I can get away with putting CSWsunmath into CSWpmpdl.depend and omit
the DEPENDS/LIBDEPS line in the Makefile.

ciao
     Klaus