[csw-users] issues with squirrelmail on CSW's php5

pjama pjama at optusnet.com.au
Wed Oct 17 10:23:09 CEST 2007

I tried installing the current squirrelmail (1.4.11) on Solaris 10U4 with CSWs apache2 and php5 and just about all associated php5 packages however I could not get it to work. Basically it just gave a blank page. I enabled error logging as per squirrelmail FAQ but nothing meaningful was logged except "500" in the apache logs. 500 indicates "internal server error".

I re-compiled php5 5.2.4 myself using all the same options (less a few that gave me errors because of dependencies) and still got the same error. A re-compile with ./configure --prefix=${BASEDIR}/php5 --with-apxs2=${BASEDIR}/apache2/sbin/apxs and squirrelmail works.

I'm happy because I have a working squirrelmail but I'd like to use an ""off the shelf" php package so I guess I'm saying how do we fix this?

Incidently compiling with --with-jpeg-dir= as per CSW required /opt/csw/lib/libjpeg.la which is not in the recent jpeg package. It IS in the previous but old jpeg-6b,REV=2002.12.31-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg. Installing the old jpeg with the current php5 package didn't fix the problem though.

Cheers
Peter

believed to be clean.