[csw-users] FNS, Solaris 10, and nail

Jeremiah Johnson jeremiah.johnson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:44:29 CEST 2007

Hi guys,

I'm attempting to install nail on one of my Solaris 10 systems, but
its failing because of a dependency on SUNWfns.  According to the EOL
docs, Federated Naming has been removed in Solaris 10.  Apparently
somebody did report it as a bug in 2006, but it is still not resolved.

0001198  	    	 packaging  	 block  	 (thomas)  	 2006-01-04
inexistant dependency in Solaris 10

I duped it (its early, not enough coffee) because mantis didnt display
open bugs, so I didn't realize I had to click 'view bugs' when i went
into the nail bug report..

0002633  	 1  	 packaging  	 block  	 new  	 2007-10-18  	 nail cannot
install due to dependancy on SUNWfns.

It would be great to see this fixed in the next update.

Thanks
-miah