[csw-users] Initial Solaris Installation and Blastwave Package Installation

Tracey Flanders mcse47 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:04:39 CEST 2007

I was wonder, does it make sense to install the minimal Solaris 10 OS
packages and then install only the blastwave software packages. For
instance, if I wanted the gnome enviroment. I would install Solaris without
gnome then install it with 'pkg-get install gnome' after setting up the
blastwave pkg-gt.conf file. I ask because my gnome setup is acting up where
the gnome-panels don't load.  I assume  its because I have Sol10 package
libraries and Blastwave packages where dependencies are in conflict. Any
help is appreciated.

tflande