[csw-users] Why support Solaris 8 onwards?

Anil Gulecha anil.verve at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 07:35:06 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I was wondering why blastwave supports solaris 8 & above, and not 10
and above? Perhaps I'm uneducated as to the number of actual users of
8 & 9.

Also when the packages are created for 8, what does one lose (or
rather not gain)? As in does using solaris 8 as the base not allow
some available good technologies in solaris 10?

If yes, has a 10 and above repository been considered?

Regards
Anil

PS :I did google a bit, but did not find convincing data. Perhaps the
maintainers of various packages can elaborate?