[csw-users] Why support Solaris 8 onwards?

Donal McMullan dmcmullan at mac.com
Wed Sep 19 18:00:11 CEST 2007

I think it was Joel Spolsky who pointed out that code as it gets old,
doesn't rust. In fact, the longer it runs without incident, the more
trusted and valued it becomes.

If you want to spend your time replacing battle hardened, proven
solutions with the shiniest new thing (in other words, fixing things
that aren't broken) it's probably because you're too young to
appreciate how precious a commodity time is.

And I find that charming.

Donal