[csw-users] Why support Solaris 8 onwards?

Stefan Teleman stefan.teleman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 17:50:23 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 12:00, Donal McMullan wrote:

> If you want to spend your time replacing battle hardened, proven
> solutions with the shiniest new thing (in other words, fixing
> things that aren't broken) it's probably because you're too young
> to appreciate how precious a commodity time is.

You should not make assumptions either about my age, or my experience.

I do not make such about yours, although i would venture a guess, and
posit that you are a Solaris 8 sysadmin, hanging for dear life on the
last 280R space heaters in the datacenter.

You seem not to have the time, or interest, in keeping up with the
evolving demands of your profession. I think you have a problem.

--Stefan

--
Stefan Teleman			'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition'
KDE e.V.						-Monty Python
stefan.teleman at gmail.com