[csw-users] Latest pidgin not availabale

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Fri Dec 19 15:02:04 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> thanks for letting us know. Same here. Good news and bad news :) The
> package is there, just somehow gunzipped already.
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/opencsw/unstable/sparc/5.8/pidgin-2.5.2,REV=2008.12.18-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg

But why is pkg-get trying to download a gzipped file when that's not
what the catalog states?

pidgin 2.5.2,REV=2008.12.18 CSWpidgin
pidgin-2.5.2,REV=2008.12.18-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg
e5f8b2409615cfcd610199701cd0c676 30528000
CSWaspell|CSWdbusglib|CSWexpat|CSWfconfig|CSWftype2|CSWgcrypt|CSWggettext|CSWglib2|CSWgnutls|CSWgstreamer|CSWgtk2|CSWgtkspell|CSWiconv|CSWlibatk|CSWlibcairo|CSWlibdbus|CSWlibxml2|CSWlibxrender|CSWmeanwhile|CSWncurses|CSWpango|CSWperl|CSWpng|CSWpython|CSWsilctoolkit|CSWstartupnotif|CSWsunmath|CSWtcl|CSWtk|CSWzlib
none

As you can see the filename in the catalog is not gzipped. I can
understand there's a problem if the catalog and the actual file does
not match but in this case they do.

Pkgutil downloads it fine, I just tested. Chkcat would also spot
uncompress packages. :-)

--
/peter