[csw-users] evince doesn't print?

Gérard Henry ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr
Thu Feb 7 18:28:20 CET 2008

Aaron Wilson a écrit :
> I remember I used to be the one who thought I was crazy cause Evince
> wouldn't print. That about two years ago though and it wasn't the fault
> of Evince but one of it's dependencies. Back then though Evince would
> crash when you would try to print.
>
> That probably got addressed over a year ago now though. Been using
> Evince for awhile now with no problems.
>
> One thing that came to mind is we use Cups for the printing. If you're
> using the default Solaris printing then you might have a problem.
> I don't know though. It just seems like a possible reason to me. I don't
> claim to know anything about the inner workings of Evince.
>
> I know when I got to print in Evince it shows all the printers I have in
> my Cups server.
>
> We used to use the Cups that came on the Solaris Companion CD and used
> the instructions on this page to install it and get it running.
> http://www.lengers.com/?p=12
>
> Since then we have updated to the CSW version of Cups and pretty much
> followed those instructions but with /opt/csw paths instead of /opt/sfw
> paths.

i don't use cups, just the default solaris printing. But as i've just
upgraded from S10U4 to SXDE, nom evince is delivered by Sun in /usr/bin
(package SUNWgnome-pdf-viewer), and it works
here are two screenshots:
- first with csw evince Capture.png
http://www.latp.univ-mrs.fr/~henry/Solaris/Capture.png
- second one with sun evince Capture-1.png
http://www.latp.univ-mrs.fr/~henry/Solaris/Capture-1.png