[csw-users] Will a Blastwave install take precedence over an older one?

James Hartley james.hartley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 20:11:45 CET 2008

well you should probably ask the package maintainer.... I have had a
similar situation with openldap,  Installed a piece of software that
required openldap, and I went ahead and let the pkg-get update the
openldap package...

I got openldap back up and running in about 4 hours... turns out the
installation of the new package wrote over some of my files and
changed permissions on a bunch of others..... PLUS the new default set
up ldap to run at boot.

So.... Moral --- backup your system if you wish to upgrade and ask
before you press the "yes" button.  The package maintain might also be
able to give you additional insights that may not be documented.