[csw-users] Newbie question

Jeff Port port at cse.psu.edu
Thu Feb 28 14:12:23 CET 2008

Please pardon if this has already been covered, I've done a cursory
check on the problem but probably do not have enough info to do an
intelligent search.  Being the newb that I am, I make an assumption that
everyone uses a script called "cswpkg" to keep their software
installations up to date and that everyone uses a "master" file that
contains the list of installed software.

If the above assumption is correct, I have to ask why when I ran the
script, did it delete all of my emacs installation leaving only the
Athena Tool Kit?  Further, having gone through about 50 systems after
running the cswpkg script, I found that at least two new packages that
it had installed were gone.  How can that happen when they all use the
same script and master file?

--
Jeff Port - IT Support
Computer Science & Engineering Dept

"UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."