[csw-users] Source code for Blastwave packages?

Alessio a.cervellin at acm.org
Mon Jan 14 21:39:10 CET 2008

Gary Algier wrote:

> For example, I want to get the source code used to build Wireshark.  If I
> lookup Wireshark on the Blastwave software list it says:
> 	http://www.wireshark.org/
> While this may be the Wireshark web site, it does not get me to the exact
> source code used to build Wireshark.

it's built upon the official source code, which can be downloaded from
www.wireshark.org
no patches are needed, sometimes it could be needed small syntax fixes
to have it compliant with Sun C, anyway these patches are always
reported upstream.

> This leads me to version 0.99.7, but
> the binary is version 0.99.5.

because the 0.99.7 binary is still under testing on
http://www.blastwave.org/testing